Photocatalytically active self-cleaning coating for PV modules
The advantages of coated PV modules at a glance:
- Is self-cleaning and dirt-repellent - nothing sticks more firmly,
- Prevents the attack with algae and biofilms,
- Protects reliably against the risks of biological pitting corrosion of PV glass by black fungi,
- Ensures permanently the same optimum performance of the PV modules, even in systems with heavy dirt load,
- Is poison-free and harmless to humans and the environment,
- Lasting and sustainable (10 years),
- Lowers the cost of photovoltaic cleaning.
even with heavy dirt load
cleaning and maintenance costs
algae, biofilms and black fungi
uncoated PV modules
Photocatalysis - the superior technology for the sustainable and sustainable protection of PV modules
Our product produces a photocatalytically active protective layer of titanium dioxide (TiO2) on the solar module. With the help of the light energy, the TiO2 activates pure oxygen from the ambient air, which decomposes all organic deposits on the coated surface of the PV module by oxidation ("cold combustion"). This means, among other things:
- Organic dirt (such as fumes from stables or fats and oils from food processing plants) no longer sticks, but can simply be rinsed;
- Algae and biofilms can not hold; vThe feared biological pitting corrosion (destruction of the glass surface of the PV modules by black fungi) is reliably prevented.
The protective layer made of pure titanium dioxide is thin (approx. 250 nm) and highly transparent. The coating is of excellent durability (life at least 10 years), non-toxic and harmless for humans and the environment.
Outstanding efficiency of the active photovoltaic panels
The coating is applied exclusively to precise, fully automatic coating lines. With their mobile version, the coating can also be coated directly at the location of the photovoltaic system. The protective coating achieves the high quality, which meets our requirements only when machined.
This saves a considerable portion of the current cleaning and maintenance costs. In addition, field tests yielded a solar energy yield of up to 8% higher compared to uncoated solar collectors at the same site.
The effort is amortized within a few years because the coating
- The cost for the solar system cleaning is significantly reduced,
- The cleaning intervals are significantly prolonged and
- Pollution-induced power losses of PV modules are considerably reduced.
Unrivaled state-of-the-art technology secures solar systems sustainably
The coating differs from the nano-coatings, which are offered as anti-reflective coatings for PV modules, by actively removing the soiling on the glass surface (self-cleaning effect) and eliminating the notorious sticking of organic dirt .
It is also unique that the coating reliably prevents the infestation of PV modules with the dreaded black fungi. These microorganisms entrapped from the desert regions of Arabia can not be distinguished from normal environmental dust with the naked eye. The Federal Institute for Materials Testing (BAM) has demonstrated that black fungi can easily penetrate the solar glass and remove minerals from it, so that the glass becomes turbid and brittle. This considerably reduces the life of PV modules.